Traditional wedding vows are often fairly normal and have become very much ‘heteroized” over the years. It can be difficult for a same-sex couple to find vows that fit them and their unique love and approach to life. The process of writing same-sex wedding vows can be challenging a and it can take a lot of time to find a template that can be adapted well to a same-sex wedding. On the flip side, due to your unique wedding approach, you have a lot of freedom to write up your own unique and personalized wedding vows that represent your identity and your relationship. You do not have to worry about traditions and expectations people have. This can be incredibly freeing and revitalizing for any couple so be sure you take advantage of it!
Same Sex Wedding Vows
Your wedding is very much a clean slate that you have much more freedom and control over than most heterosexual couples do. In fact, most same-sex couples choose to write their own wedding vows according to WeddingWire’s 2017 Newlywed Report as compared to only about 1/3 of heterosexual couples. Same-sex wedding vows are becoming more and more common and seen more often in recent years. So here are some things you can do to help you write those perfect vows for your partner on your special day:
- Find Your Inspiration- whether you take a cue from a traditional wedding vow or something you have held near and dear for a long time that identifies with your unique relationship, you have to be inspired in order to write vows that resonate with you both.
- Remember Why You Fell in Love- every couple has their own story about how they met and fell in love and that is often the vest ways to start your vows, by remembering why you fell in love with them and why you want to spend your life with them.
- Celebrate Your Significant Other- same-sex weddings have their own unique challenges in today’s society and while these struggles can be a challenge it is also a chance to celebrate your significant other and their strengths in your vows.
- Work on it Together – a great way to make your wedding vows as unique as your relationship is to work on them together and combine your love in the vows just as you are combining your love in your relationship together.
- Don’t Wait Till the Last Minute- as it is with anything involved in the intricate balance of a wedding plan do not put off writing your vows until the last minute if you want them to be something you and your lover can cherish and fall in love with.
Contact Us for Same-Sex Wedding Planning Assistance
For help with your wedding plans, including writing your vows, contact us today here at Cashmere Dreams. We can help you with any and all wedding planning in the area so call us today and let us help you with your same-sex wedding planning needs! We are ready and willing to help you and all it takes is one call to get started so make the call today.